Thursday, March 13, 2008

Wikis

For 23 things, I've reviewed some wikis...have a sense of what wikis look like, other than the ppld wiki. It is interesting that some libraries apparently will use wiki format for their website, so the wiki is open and available to anyone. Ours is for a specific audience, and so is closed unless the viewer has signon information.

I am finding myself VERY frustrated with the 23 things process...even being clear about which "things" I have completed. Why is thing 4 completed before thing 3? I guess I'm pretty linear & like to see a logical progression in my learning. With limited idea of what it is I am doing, I feel quite challenged by this exercise.

2 comments:

Last-to-know Libby said...

Well, you didn't HAVE to do Thing 4 before Thing 3!!! I did it in the order they told us to, and it turned out fine. Just goes to show you that you can be linear or nonlinear online, I guess!

TOOTS-SWEET said...

Wikis,Flickr,RSS,Rollyo - this one sounds like food. I'm hungry.