Not total confusion, but once again, I missed a step in the process of social networking. The Facebook was ok...I searched around in it, invited someone to be a friend, looked for people from my past. That went fine. I kind of knew what to expect of facebook, so that was not a struggle.
Ning was ok also, but I went to library 2.0 (related site) and did not realize that it was just for an example of a ning networking site. So I signed up there & couldn't find the PPLD site (surprise, surprise, since I was on the wrong site). Fortunately I asked someone who had already gone this way & was re-directed to the ning.com site where I should have gone originally. So I made an extra turn along the way. Library 2.0 is probably not a site I'll use again. I did get signed up at ning.com, joined the PPLD site (right where it was supposed to be!). So success again?
Not sure I'll use ning.com, but I can see where it might be used as a team communication or small group tool for PPLD. My question would be if it would be helpful, since we are already on OUTLOOK for PPLD communication...do we really need another communication method?
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment