Another 23 Things week, and I found some success. Delicious site would not open, from any of the links in 23 things site. So although I read about how wonderful it is and how easy to tag an email rather than placing it in a folder, I didn't get to play in the site yet. I will return, if it cooperates. Technorati probably will not be something I return to after 23 Things days are done, but I did some searches & found some things of interest.
I really enjoyed the comments about Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. It helped put my 23 Things experience in a different perspective. In particular, I thought about how libraries need to make our offerings easy for patrons to access and use. I thought about the frustration I've had with some of the 23 Things, and imagined folks who use technology even less than I do, and I wonder how to help them to use the technological advances that I know are coming. I'm not sure how we do that, but I wonder if an in-person, hands-on training of some sort would be used by patrons. I'll continue thinking about that idea.
This part of the week 8 offerings was by far the most interesting to me. I'll go back and look more at Library 2.0
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment